POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cornell's box; MegaPOV vs. WinOSi : Re: Cornell's box; MegaPOV vs. WinOSi Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:38:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cornell's box; MegaPOV vs. WinOSi
From: Ari-Matti Leppaenen
Date: 1 Sep 2003 04:07:32
Message: <3f52fe44$1@news.povray.org>
Hugo Asm wrote:
> Anyway, how did you convert the scene to POV?
I also wrote the scene based on the vmd. The catch is that it's a right
handed system and z-axis points up and not into the screen. Also the
angle has to be a bit larger than 42 degrees.

>>Radiosity values are saved first from a diffrent camera
>>position and a super wide FOV to get most of the room visible
>
> Could you elaborate on that?
The cameras look like this:

#if( save_rad )
camera {
   location <0.0,  -0.01, 1.25>
   look_at <0.13, -1.14, 1.25>
   sky      <0.00,  0.00, 1.00>
   right   -(4/3)*x
   angle  175.0
}
#else
camera {
   location <-1.27,  3.00, 1.25>
   look_at <0.33, -0.14, 1.25>
   sky      <0.00,  0.00, 1.00>
   right   -(4/3)*x
   angle  55.0
}
#end

> You also said, you had a "no light" scenario, but I suppose you did use
> light_sources to calc photons, right?
Yes, this one has a light_source. Earlier this year I tried an ambient
box for the lighting.

A-M