POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sky tests : Re: Sky tests Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky tests
From: Tim Cook
Date: 29 Aug 2003 10:06:03
Message: <3f4f5dcb$1@news.povray.org>
Rohan Bernett wrote:
> Is there any way to use an image as a transparency map for a texture? If
> not, then that's something to add to the features-to-add for POV v4.0. :-)

There is, in fact, a way to use an image as a transparency map for a
texture.  Observe:
#declare Tex0=texture{pigment{pigment0} finish{finish0}}
#declare Tex1=texture{pigment{pigment1} finish{finish1}}
#declare Tex =texture{image_pattern{jpeg "image.jpg"} texture_map{[0
Tex0][1 Tex1]}}

The thing I'm kinda working on at the moment relies upon this very
feature.  Actually I'm gonna throw in two more textures.