POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio : Re: Capriccio Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio
From: Chris Johnson
Date: 27 Aug 2003 20:48:15
Message: <3f4d514f$1@news.povray.org>
-[Please correct me If I'm totally off course here, though]-
No, I see exactly what you mean. Though in theory it would be possible to
generate a height-map given a photo and an good knowledge of the lighting
conditions and reflective properties of the stone, it would be nearly
impossible to get it right without, as you say, exact control over the
lighting. There are a _few_ laser scans of carvings and sculptures available
on the web, which would give you the information you need, but if you're
looking for a specific relief... good luck :)

-Chris