POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Seascape II -- Thanks (~50k) : Re: Seascape II -- Thanks (~50k) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:38:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seascape II -- Thanks (~50k)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 27 Aug 2003 17:35:06
Message: <3f4d240a$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the Heads Up!

I'm not quiet sure what Aaron is after here. The LSSM
would probably be suited to create some waves
surrounding the islands (using the LSS_Stomp macro)
and waves reflecting off of the island's coasts (with
proper setting for LSS_Environment, though I guess
"inside"-test works fine with heightfields), but
if he's after waves rising in height and crashing onto
the shores (which occurs when waves travel towards
and on top of less and less deeper areas), thats
not possible...

Might still be worth a try though. The waves dissipate
over distance (as you well know, Rune :-), so for a
still, LSS_Stomp could be used to issue some waves
from the coasts, they'll get softer outwards...

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias v2.0

"Rune" wrote:

> Chris Johnson wrote:
> > -[It would be great to be able to have cresting waves and the like]-
> > These could be done with a height-field, so long as there was no
> > point where the waves were actually 'overhanging'. How to make the
> > hightfield could be a problem - papers do exist about this kind of
> > thing, but from what I've read, they have to be quite technical to
> > give good results.
>
> Maybe Tim Nikias' Liquid-Surface-Simulation-Macros could be used?
>
> I'm not sure, but it'd be worth a try.
>
> http://www.digitaltwilight.de/no_lights/download.html
>
> Rune
> --
> 3D images and anims, include files, tutorials and more:
> rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Jul 25**
> POV-Ray Ring: http://webring.povray.co.uk

---