POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Seascape II -- Thanks (~50k) : Re: Seascape II -- Thanks (~50k) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seascape II -- Thanks (~50k)
From: Aaron Gillies
Date: 27 Aug 2003 12:55:40
Message: <3f4ce28c$1@news.povray.org>
The water that I have going there is based on Christoph's water pages.
The transparency of the water right now uses fade_distance and fade_power,
but I might be able to do better by using a texture with gradient y and
the level of filtration controlled that way.

It would be great to be able to have cresting waves and the like,
or even something that just appears to be like that from a distance.
Could this be done with a height_field as the water?

Aaron