POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio : Re: Capriccio Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 26 Aug 2003 16:14:43
Message: <3f4bbfb3@news.povray.org>
"Chris Johnson" <chr### [at] chris-jcouk> skrev i melding
> If it doesn't stand up to the standards of the rest of the image, is
it
> worth trying to find an original relief picture on the internet that
can be
> converted to a heightfield?
>
> -Chris

Someone found some large resolution images, but they were shot in
frog-perspective, from below the relief, it's impossible to use it as a
good heightfield.
If we had a image which was shot straight at the catherdal, that might
be used as a image map, but it would need special lighting conditions to
do a shot which could be used as a good heightfield. Please correct me
If I'm totally off course here, though.

-Peter