POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sky tests : Re: Sky tests Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:14:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky tests
From: Stefan Persson
Date: 26 Aug 2003 10:10:41
Message: <3f4b6a61@news.povray.org>
Complete what?
To get rid of the ugly black stuff around the suns you shouldn't
use a gradient that uses black in it. Use a gradient which
goes from white non transparent to white totally transparent.
You don't need a imagemap for that.

Look at the attached image to see what we mean.

/Stefan

"Rohan Bernett" <rox### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Slime wrote:
> >Your suns have grey in them. Don't fade from white to black while fading
> >from opaque to transparent. Keep the color always white, and use only a
> >transparency gradient:
> >
> >color_map {
> >}
>
> Could you please complete that?
>
> I think maybe what I need is a way to use an image to specify
transparency,
> while using a solid colour for the actual colour. How do I do that?
>
> Rohan _e_ii

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gradient.jpg' (42 KB)