POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Still "NO!" lol (more hf stuff) : Re: Still "NO!" lol (more hf stuff) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Still "NO!" lol (more hf stuff)
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 26 Aug 2003 03:30:17
Message: <3f4b0c89$1@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure I can see the areas with more triangles. Perhaps with a less
bumpy hf, it would be obvious. It could be nice!

What I was suggesting in the earlier post, but never got around to mention,
was that I'd use a blurring method after triangulation, but before
decimation. This would "relax" the angles between triangles and remove many
"step" artifacts, without much damage to the overall structure, provided the
mesh is extremely dense during this process.

Your idea also sounds fine. What do you say, we both try? Choose an image to
apply our methods. I know it's a bit unfair because I'll be using
generalized methods that are fully developed, however you'll be coding
something new. But just to see what we're talking about.. It could be
interesting.

Regards
Hugo