POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Request : Re: Request Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request
From: Fernando Gonzalez del Cueto
Date: 23 Aug 2003 16:13:51
Message: <3f47caff@news.povray.org>
Even though most people can read/write PNGs, I think the use of PNG should
be left for very special ocasions where JPG artifacts cannot be tolerated.
PNG's lossless compression, most of the time, never compresses images as
well as JPGs, and usually, with sufficient quality, they're
undistinguishable.

Fernando.