POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dome Array Lighting test : Re: Dome Array Lighting test Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dome Array Lighting test
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 23 Aug 2003 15:01:46
Message: <3f47ba1a@news.povray.org>
Nice! I've tried something similar. Maybe you'll agree that actually the
light sources can be very far apart without noticeable problems. Diffuse and
brilliance are the only ones that benefit from using "real" area lights, but
since they are quite diffuse (brilliance too) the effect doesn't need a
dense grid of lights. The shadows are more demanding, so for smooth results,
one better mix in some area_lights.

I would be interested in knowing more about the strengths of light on the
sky. Did the book have anything on that? You know.. the sun is very strong,
but the sky is also strong near the sun. I wonder what's the ratio from the
sun position and 180 degrees away. No doubt it varies with fog and time of
the day.

Negative lights..hmm.. are those really a good idea?

Regards,
Hugo