POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dome Array Lighting test : Dome Array Lighting test Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Dome Array Lighting test
From: Doug Eichenberg
Date: 23 Aug 2003 14:36:52
Message: <3f47b444@news.povray.org>
I recently read a book on CGI lighting techniques where the author discussed
dome arrays.  I wrote a short macro that creates the same thing by creating
a hemisphere of point lights.  The intensity of the lights varies with
latitude, creating a hotspot at the top of the hemisphere.  I also had it
add in a few negative lights to give some subtle variance in the lighting.
Anyhow, the results were pretty nice... very soft shadows with a radiosity
lit look.  Rendered fairly fast too.

--
Doug Eichenberg
www.getinfo.net/douge