POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A bad height-field (first binary post. pliz tell if wrong) : Re: A bad height-field (first binary post. pliz tell if wrong) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A bad height-field (first binary post. pliz tell if wrong)
From: Aaron Gillies
Date: 22 Aug 2003 09:04:44
Message: <3f4614ec$1@news.povray.org>
Noe:

Hmm ...  Are you already using the smooth keyword on this?
There is some rather odd artifacting going on.

I would actually turn smooth off and try to optimize the look
of the "mountain" using trees, texture, etc.  Toss a bunch of
green things on the naturally flat places.  Use a texture that has
a normal map containing different uses of granite at a larger
scale, for example.  Also, vary the color on the surface.

You can hide a lot of problems this way.

Aaron