POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A bad height-field (first binary post. pliz tell if wrong) : Re: A bad height-field (first binary post. pliz tell if wrong) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A bad height-field (first binary post. pliz tell if wrong)
From: JC (Exether)
Date: 22 Aug 2003 09:01:41
Message: <3f461435@news.povray.org>
Buy some more memory or another computer ...  :-)

Apart from smooth keyword and using a higher resolution hf image, I
don't see anything else.

Depending on the shape you want (btw, I couldn't read attached image)
you can also try isosurfaces with adequate noise3D + f_granite for
example. It takes more time to render but uses less memory. It's also
perfectly smooth whatever the resolution.

JC