POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Three Point Lighting Test : Re: Three Point Lighting Test - Image - No Blur Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Three Point Lighting Test - Image - No Blur
From: Davey B
Date: 22 Aug 2003 05:42:27
Message: <3f45e583$1@news.povray.org>
> If you want to get rid of the artificial look, the reflections could use
> some blur,

Yes that is something I noticed too.  I am just having trouble doing an
averaged texture in Moray.

> Also, when ever there are reflections, there ought to be some specular
highlight, but I
> can't see it?
> You could also use box primitives, with a texture that simulates a glowing
> area. That's what I've been using recently, and it's probably the fastest
> method, renderwise.

I tested this idea but have come across a problem.  I placed a bright white
sphere around each light source (just as place holders) and then rendered
the scene.  Not one of the spheres got reflected in the cube.  Now if I have
understood you correctly this was what you were talking about.  It seems
that my camera and light angles are not going to allow this approach though.
May have to move something and see what happens.

Thanks

Dave.