POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : goban (164k) : Re: goban (164k) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:11:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: goban (164k)
From: Nicolas Rougier
Date: 20 Aug 2003 03:22:29
Message: <3f4321b5$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks.

The interior of the bowl is a cylinder so I first wrote a macro to place
stones on a disk surface and then layered several disks (with some shift
in stone placement) to give the illusion that the bowl is filled. The
trick is ok if you're looking from far enough because there are some
intersections with the bowl in fact. Furthermore, each stone is given
some random rotation to give the illusion it was dropped.
I can post the macro if you're interested.

Nicolas