POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not entering this one...(133kb) : Re: Not entering this one...(133kb) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:12:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not entering this one...(133kb)
From: St
Date: 18 Aug 2003 14:45:21
Message: <3f411ec1@news.povray.org>
"Martin Belair" <bad### [at] hotmailDOTcom> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...

> Hi!
>
> >  But, running out of time now... If I do, it won't matter, I hope
> > you'll still enjoy it when I post it here.
>

> Hummm, pretty nice concept.

   Thanks, but the reason I'm not entering it is because I was
influenced by a full page, 15 year old colour newspaper advert that my
wife liked, cut out, and framed. It's still on the wall now. In the
picture, there's even more stuff like an egg-timer that's full of
sand, a double ended thermometer, some spectacles with three lenses,
an ornament of the three monkeys, but they can talk, see, and hear,
one of those puzzle games where you move the squares around, but
there's no gap to move a square into. ;)  A flying penguin, a mirror
that shows a reflection of something that's not there, a tape cassette
with one hole, buttons with one hole, five elastic bands that are
connected to eachother, an LP record that's looks the size of a
single, and a six digit suede glove that's nicely stitched. :)

   So, it wasn't really my concept, I just used a few items and
changed the scene dramatically and added my own little things like the
guy pulling a weight that he couldn't possibly pull, especially with a
spring!  :)

I looked at it for more than 10 minutes
> yesterday, and another 10 minutes this morning.

  Dizzy?  ;)

A lot of stuff in there.
> Just like another said, I cannot see what it mean. It's not that
important,
> it probably mean nothing, but I guess it does.

   No, there's no heavy-duty meaning to it from my PoV, I just made it
up as I went along - but looking at it again now, I reckon it could
mean something like "The Puzzlement of Life"... Hmm. :/

> I like it, good job, well done!

  Thank you.

   ~Steve~