POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Tree 1.2 screenshots : Re: POV-Tree 1.2 screenshots Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Tree 1.2 screenshots
From: Sir Charles W  Shults III
Date: 18 Aug 2003 08:24:17
Message: <3f40c571$1@news.povray.org>
About three years ago, I had my kids come to the park with me for some
drawing lessons.  I was pointing out how each tree had a mathematical nature to
it.  We looked at how some trunks branch with predictable intervals, how branch
angle, thickness, and distribution were laid out, how there were just so many
divisions before you reached leaf level, etc.
    In about an hour, they were looking at plants in a whole new light.  We had
sketch pads and pencils and were counting the trunk-major-branch-minor
branch-twig numbers (how many divisions) and so forth.  This is exactly that; a
set of algorithms to produce the tree based on a compact number of parameters.
    It's nice to see that there are people who actually consider this sort of
data about the real world.  But POVers often do, when you come right down to it.

Cheers!

Chip Shults
My robotics, space and CGI web page - http://home.cfl.rr.com/aichip