POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Remake in progress (RIP? :) - 109Kb : Re: Remake in progress (RIP? :) - 109Kb Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:14:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Remake in progress (RIP? :) - 109Kb
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 17 Aug 2003 08:30:52
Message: <3f3f757c@news.povray.org>
Hi James,

I surely like the image. You're an expert in light and fine CSG modelling!

Personally, I would give the image more dynamic compression, to brighten the
building and the trees. Maybe the building is also a tad too blue and cold.
On a technical note, my first interpretion was that not enough sunlight
bounces off from the ground onto the walls, so all we have left is skylight.
After a closer look I realize it does bounce, as can be seen on the snip of
the building at the upper left.

But I would probably try increasing radiosity brightness and lowering the
skylight, or just adjust the white-balance. I would also use Kari Kivisalos
exposure control to avoid the sunlit area gets brighter than it already is.

The building seems as much in focus as the water fountain. The space
allocated for the building is rather big, and so the overall impression is
dark.

Regards,
Hugo