POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : power distribution transformer [~24 KB JPG] : power distribution transformer [~24 KB JPG] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  power distribution transformer [~24 KB JPG]
From: Hughes, B
Date: 17 Aug 2003 02:27:49
Message: <3f3f2065@news.povray.org>
A little late for the big "blackout" in the N.E. US and in S.E. Canada.

I thought I could create this thing real quick Thursday night and then it
turned into hours of figuring how to go about it in a good way. My troubles
were in while looping the blobs into place (and shape). Mushy mind from less
POV-Ray'ing lately? Or I just forgot how my mind works anyhow. Ha ha.

After looking through some images using a google search I decided I didn't
need to taper the insulators smaller toward the tops. They are surface of
revolution's instead of the blob's which I had started with. Made for better
control over the shapes needed. Wires are sphere_sweep's.

Simple as I could make it, not as fast to build as I expected.  : )  Guess I
could put mounting brackets, wire bolts on the sides and other details on it
now but I'm notorious for doing unfinished things. Oh well, I'm posting this
even moreso because I haven't put anything here in a very long time.
--
Bob H.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'distributiontransformer.jpg' (17 KB)

Preview of image 'distributiontransformer.jpg'
distributiontransformer.jpg