POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [WIP] bicycle update : Re: [WIP] bicycle update Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:14:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [WIP] bicycle update
From: Hartmut Wagener
Date: 16 Aug 2003 16:45:21
Message: <3f3e97e1$1@news.povray.org>
The problem with the circles that have to be a little left or right from
the origin of the shaft is a known problem in 3d-programs.
You made no hole in the circle abd povray does not know what to render,
the circle or the shaft. Making a hole in the circle is the realistic
but slow way, the moving of the circles is the way to get faster renders.

I have made a model of a "pedalcopter" some month ago, it has a much
more complex chain and i was thinking about a macro, too.

You can have a look at the pedalcopter-pics on

http://www.latent.killozap.de

but only in german language ...

Hartmut