POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First post - Moray, POV image - 1 attachment : Re: First post - Moray, POV image - 1 attachment Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First post - Moray, POV image - 1 attachment
From: DT - The Renaissance
Date: 14 Aug 2003 06:05:04
Message: <3f3b5ed0@news.povray.org>
> Hi -

Hello and welcome to the newsgroups!

> This is my first image post to any group on the POV news server.  This
> image was modelled in Moray 3.3a, rendered in POV 3.5.  The letters don't
> look anything like what I want them to, but I've learned about the
> 'softtext' app from reading posts here, so I think I can fix that.

Why don't you try to creat the text inside POV-Ray itself?

text {
    ttf "arial.ttf" "Google" 1, 0
    pigment { Red }
  }

> I'm not  happy with the water the letters are floating over.  The phrase
going
> through my mind when I was thinking about how I wanted the water to look
> was 'liquid satin'. I want the water to reflect the letters, but have a
> silvery look, almost like mercury, maybe.

Just add "reflection 0.1" to the finish of the water. You can change the
float of it
to increase or decrease the amount of reflection. You can also write
"reflection
<0.1,0,0> then only red is reflected.

> I also don't want the sky reflected, but that might not be possible.  The
sky
> was done with a big hollow sphere, suggested by posts I came across in
this
> group.

Try a sky like that.

#declare Sky_Tex=
    texture{
        pigment{
            bozo
            turbulence .4
            lambda 3.5
            octaves 6
            omega .5
            color_map{
                [0.0 rgbt 1]
                [0.6 rgbt <1,1,1,.9>]
                [1.0 rgbt <1,1,1,.1>]
            }
        }
    }

sky_sphere{
    pigment{
        gradient y
        color_map{
            [0 rgb <.8,.8,1>]
            [1 rgb <0,0,1>]
        }
        scale 2
    }
}
plane{
    <0,1,0>, 3500
    texture{
        Sky_Tex
        scale 3500
    }
    finish{ambient .9}
    no_shadow
    hollow
}

> I'm plowing through the images in this newsgroup with Xnews, but there's
> 76000+ messages and I still have around 56k to go; could you please also
e-
> mail your comments?

Have fun to read them all ;-)

--