POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Old Pic : Re: Old Pic Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:12:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Pic
From: gonzo
Date: 5 Aug 2003 00:08:02
Message: <3f2f2da2@news.povray.org>
Bill Hails <bil### [at] europeyahoo-inccom> wrote in message
> I went back to my earliest finished picture and
> re-rendered it with media added, I think it really
> helps.

I remember you posting this some time ago, it was nice then, but you're
right, the media adds a lot! Gives it depth and brightens the colors.

> It's a shame I can't enter it for the irtc "surrealism"
> round (has that one finished?) It certainly uses
> "fantastic images and incongruous juxtapositions
> in order to represent unconscious thoughts and dreams"
> (WordNet), but
>
> 1. It's 6 months old
> 2. It's not an original concept (the original is from a
> comic book / graphical novel)
> 3. It's not a single render, it's composited from 3 separate
> POV renders using The GIMP, see the 3 attached thumbnails.

Well, this one may not be eligible, but don't let that stop you from playing
with it and "originalizing" the concept into a wholly new and single render
eligible scene!  It's definitely surreal!

> Hope you like it anyway.

Very much!

RG