POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another globe image : Yet another globe image Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Yet another globe image
Date: 2 Aug 2003 19:19:58
Message: <3f2c471e@news.povray.org>
This is my first post in this newsgroup.  I was inspired by the little
marble globe on http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/BlueMarble/

I used one of the image maps (2048 x 1024) found on the above site, and made
the oceans transparent in Photoshop.  The dark spot in the center is
Australia shining through, blurred heavily by the focal blur.  I used focal
blur to give the illusion of a small object, and not an astronomical body.

Hope you like it!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'earth.jpg' (36 KB)