POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What's this...? : Re: What's this...? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What's this...?
From: St
Date: 2 Aug 2003 09:47:38
Message: <3f2bc0fa@news.povray.org>
"JC (Exether)" <no### [at] spamfr> wrote in message
news:3F2### [at] spamfr...

> A closeup on a butterfly wing ??

   A fair guess.

> It looks like a height field, or a texture with a very nice normal.

    It's actually a close-up of the bark (I think, could be a few
leaves too in this image), on the Spruce tree in Pov-Tree with a red
area light turned on. I scaled it up x 150 and zoomed in. If you leave
the translations at 0, you can rotate around various 3D 'surreal
backgrounds'.  ;)

  ~Steve~