POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CSG motorbike : Re: CSG motorbike Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:11:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG motorbike
From: Tek
Date: 1 Aug 2003 06:59:14
Message: <3f2a4802@news.povray.org>
"Peter Ketting" <pet### [at] notmyrealboxcom> wrote in message
> Very impressive. It is always nice to see what other people create using
CSG
> only,
> gives me hope that I might actualy be able to build my bicycle using said
> method.

Well this is my first serious attempt at modelling a complex object from
CSG, and it was a lot easier than I expected.

> Did you use any special tricks?

Not really, the only thing I did do a lot was using intersections with the
"inverse" modifier, to cut holes in things. It's a lot more flexible than
using difference. Otherwise just having a good grasp of what objects look
like when they're cut out of each other, and a lot of trial and error to
line things up.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com