POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Really hot thing. : Re: Really hot thing. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Really hot thing.
From: Tek
Date: 31 Jul 2003 18:47:41
Message: <3f299c8d@news.povray.org>
That really looks hot, and I like the trick of using phong highlights for glows.
You probably could use it in other situations by having a very small mirror next
to the camera, and building the camera so that it internally flips the image (to
compensate for the reflection).

Actually I might try that, I'm working on something that could benefit from
having light glows.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

"Alex Kluchikov" <klk### [at] ukrnet> wrote in message
> The hot thing. Unfortunately, POV-Ray has no light glows. So, we have to be
tricky. Some people use a special objects, macros etc. Here I attempted to get
an effect of extremely bright
> object by placing a lot of light sources along object. And second trick:
camera sees not the object, but it's reflection in the plane, so, the glows are
not real light glows, but their phong
> highlights. I do not think this is a god idea for al times, but in this
particular scene it works.
>  By the way, Russian for reflection is 'otrazhenije'.
>  If anybody is interested in source, I'll post it in
povray.binaries.scene-files.