POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Seashells [44.1 Kb] : RE: Seashells [44.1 Kb] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:12:39 EDT (-0400)
  RE: Seashells [44.1 Kb]
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 28 Jul 2003 16:44:49
Message: <3f258b41@news.povray.org>

3f220044$1@news.povray.org...
> IMNSHO, it looks like the color variations are not with the macro shape of
> the shell. Thus it looks like something molded out of colored plastic into
> this shape.

1st, I don't know what IMNSHO means (I'm sorry for my poor english).
I don't know if you know that here in Spain, we are suffering the
fuel contamination from the "Prestige", a ship that sinked in the beginning
of 2003 in front of Galicia. Our seashore is receiving each day fuel spots
from the "Prestige", that is still freeing fuel (all the days I have gone to
the
beach, I have ended with my feet with fuel spots, some days bathing is
prohibited). I know some fuel is also getting to France.
The black spots over the shell are oil spots (or they try to be...)
Bye the way, it's not strange to find shells that have 2 color and even more
randomly distributed in its surface. I can send you some photos if you like.
Bye.

Txemi Jendrix
http://www.txemijendrix.com