POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pencils. : Re: Pencils. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pencils.
From: Hughes, B
Date: 27 Jul 2003 18:27:49
Message: <3f2451e5@news.povray.org>
"klk" <klk### [at] ukrnet> wrote in message
> Hughes, B. wrote:
> >
> >Question: Are these images taken from screenshots of alpha transparency
>
> Answer: actually, I put the checker to background while converting image
> jpeg format before posting. The original one had alpha channel, and I
> thought that it's better to replace alpha channel with checker then with
> some solid color (for example, gray? As for me, awfull combination.) I
> planned to use this rendered image as a part of more complex work and
alpha
> channel was needed there.

I see. Okay, I thought maybe it was.

>  But you don't like transparent background... Why?

I didn't say that  :-)  I think you misunderstood me. I was more interested
in the pencils than background, then I began thinking about why it had
checkers behind the pencils, so wondered why.

>  As for the way scene was made, it's difficult for me to explain how I did
> it, especially because English is not my native language and I feel a
> little clumsy whie speaking or typing. But I can post sources. May be, in
> povray.binary.sources? Would it be appropriate?

Definitely, Alex, I'm sure a lot of people would like to see how it was
done. Especially me, I guess. Even if they don't say here. And yes,
povray.binaries.scene-files (there is no "sources" group) is okay for a
source file (*.pov, *.inc) attached to a message post. Or...
povray.text.scene-files if you only copy and paste the script into a message
body (attachments disallowed there).

Thanks for the answer!

Bob H.