POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Depth at Dawn - Abstract/Fun : Re: Depth at Dawn - Abstract/Fun Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:10:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Depth at Dawn - Abstract/Fun
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 25 Jul 2003 11:05:15
Message: <3f21472b$1@news.povray.org>
The code for the media is rather simple:

sphere{0,1 hollow pigment{rgbt 1}
 interior{
  media{
   scattering{4,.15 extinction 0}
   method 3 intervals 1 samples 125,1500
   density{spherical color_map{[0 rgb 0][.2 rgb .4][.9 rgb 1][1 rgb 1]}}
   }
  }
 }

The rendering time isn't that simple... For smooth
lightrays, I needed the high amount of minimum
samples, and I don't expect that the upper limit of
1500 was actually reached, but just wanted to
make sure...
Note that the media is designed to be dense around
the center of the sphere, and fall off outwards. But
this should be enough to begin playing around...
Lowering the samples to something like 10,30 might
be sufficient for pre-vis, and then set higher until
all artefacts are taken care of.

--
Tim Nikias v2.0

> Reminds me of an exploding meteor. It looks very good. I'm impressed by
the
> media effect. I've seen a few of those around here lately. I need to find
> some code before I can start the fun, but I hope it's quick?
(..relatively
> quick)
>
> Regards,
> Hugo