POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet Earth rendered : Re: Planet Earth rendered Server Time
12 Aug 2024 23:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet Earth rendered
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 25 Jul 2003 05:15:50
Message: <3f20f545@news.povray.org>
Florian Brucker wrote:

> Hey Wolfgang!
>
> Great Images! Are we going to see some of the other planets, too?

Probably not. At least not likely in the next 3 months.

>> But Mars has more extreme topography.
> Could you give us some figures, like deepest valley/highest peak?

The large volvano is Olympus Mons -- said to be the highest volcano in
the solar system: it is 24km high and measures 550km across.

The large canyon system is called Vallis Marineris: it extends
over 4000km and is up to 7km deep.

(Copy&paste from my homepage ;)

Wolfgang