POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : blob2 : Re: blob2 patch now available Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:40:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blob2 patch now available
From: Wolfgang Wieser
Date: 22 Jul 2003 18:04:11
Message: <3f1db4da@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> Was I wrong in thinking there were people interested in this?
>
> It's odd, there've been other threads about improving the blob object,
> exponential blobs, etc. But now that there's an actual working patch
> fixing several of these problems, there's not even a hint of interest?

Well, I was actually waiting for someone to come up with a better
blob because each time I model some blob object, I was unhappy with
these somewhat ugly lines caused by the linear falloff function.

I was happy when I read that you released you patch finally but
after seeing that I'd have to download more than 1Mb with my
slow modem, I decided to wait for the next MegaPov version...

So really, there _are_ people who are interested in the blob2
and if it is faster than isosurface, I'd apreciate that much because
rendering time is an issue for animations.

Regards,
Wolfgang