POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Particles in a waterfilled Cornellroom (772kb, MPG1) : Re: Particles in a waterfilled Cornellroom (772kb, MPG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:32:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particles in a waterfilled Cornellroom (772kb, MPG1)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 22 Jul 2003 08:11:21
Message: <3f1d29e9@news.povray.org>
If you don't want to finish it, then how about
at least preparing the scene with the spider so
that one can declare a surface, a path, and let
the spider crawl? And since the Spider is
probably Inverse-Kinematics, one could also
model one's own spider...

Then we'd (or I, for one) could have at least
look at how you did it and play around with
some spiders. :-)

--
Tim Nikias v2.0

> > The advantage of well-documented code is not
> > only that its a benefit for others, but also,
> > that you may understand someday later how you
> > did it, and what you did.
>
> Are you sure you don't mean well-commented code? I still want to comment
> my code, just not make documentation (or help-files).
>
> > But particles? How often does a standard
> > user really need them?
>
> Exactly...
>
> > But its good to know that you'll still be in
> > the newsgroups, you've been of good help, and
> > I'd miss that.
>
> Aw, thanks. :) You can be sure I'll keep an eye on these groups, even in
> periods where I don't seem to post very much.
>
> > But what about your walking system? Finish
> > that one and release it, or not?
>
> Unfortunately it's too far from being finished. I can't even call it a
> system - it's just some code right now. It's not generic enough, not
> user-friendly, and not documented, which means that it's not even close
> to being half finished. I don't think I'll continue the development of
> it, so it won't be released... :(
>
> Rune
> --
> 3D images and anims, include files, tutorials and more:
> rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated Oct 19)
> POV-Ray Ring: http://webring.povray.co.uk

---