POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: Particles in a waterfilled Cornellroom (772kb, MPG1) : Re: Particles in a waterfilled Cornellroom (772kb, MPG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:36:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Particles in a waterfilled Cornellroom (772kb, MPG1)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 22 Jul 2003 05:40:53
Message: <3f1d06a5$1@news.povray.org>
Rune scribbled:

> Hehe, perhaps you could modify your system so that the gravity is
> inverted and much stronger below a given height... :P From my
> understanding of your system, it actually should be a possible
> modification, right? But probably not worth it... ;)

Yeah, it should be possible, but there's more work required
than just adding a few lines... And much like you wrote in your
post in the "PartixGen is BACK" thread, I view my particle
system as an (almost) completed project. I just want to wrap
things together, get rid of bugs and unnecessary features (which
can easily be reimported via some macros) and release it.

For my next project involving particles, I plan on doing a massive
I/O project, where particles may even be given away from a
system into an external file, where a different system might look
for it and do things with it. This should make a wide variety
of effects possible, where different effects are done by smaller
include-files. Also, I could achieve effects much more defined to
a certain topic, e.g. in a certain area, particles attract each other,
in a different one, a particle gets split into two different ones,
etc.

> Ohh, but maybe I should give it a go. My system already has support for
> user-defined gravity definitions.

Yeah, definitely! I for one would like to see a proper influence
of the water. :-)

--
Tim Nikias v2.0

---