POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Rotating Statue with HDRI lighting : Re: Oops, sorry about MPG split. Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oops, sorry about MPG split.
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 22 Jul 2003 05:31:55
Message: <3f1d048b@news.povray.org>
> Please don't come up with such nonsense assumptions if you don't know what
> you are talking about.  I don't really care if you make unreadable posts -

A little more politeness wouldn't harm. He admitted the mistake
and said he's sorry, so no need to bash him.

I also would appreciate it if multipart messages wouldn't
appear, they're of no use in these groups, where posts seem
to be larger than one "standard" post most of the time.
("standard" as in: "outdated"), but there's no reason to unload
frustration on one single person when several make the mistake.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias v2.0

> None wrote:
> >
> > All newsreaders should be able to handle
> > this,
>
> Please don't come up with such nonsense assumptions if you don't know what
> you are talking about.  I don't really care if you make unreadable posts -
> a few MB more unreadable download volume won't hurt me but this does not
> apply to everyone and if you want people to read your posts that's a bad
> idea anyway.
>
> I think the deprecation of multipart messages should clearly be made part
> of the AUP (it has become quite a plague in p.b.i. as well).
>
> Christoph
>
> --
> POV-Ray tutorials, include files, Sim-POV,
> HCR-Edit and more: http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/
> Last updated 17 Jun. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

---