POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Robot animation (WIP) : Re: Robot animation (WIP) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:34:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Robot animation (WIP)
From: Chris Johnson
Date: 21 Jul 2003 20:17:01
Message: <3f1c827d@news.povray.org>
-[Now, you use min_extent and max_extent to get the boundary box of the
sphere]-
Cunning stuff. Thanks for this tip: as you can see in the attached test
render the accuracy doesn't really matter a great deal, as the sparks are
going all over the place anyway. Just the mystery floating particle and the
rather ugly lighting artifacts on the floor to tidy up now (and something to
weld, of course...)

Is there any reason why the min_extent/max_extent functions should be
innaccurate? I noticed in the "PartixGen is BACK!" thread a discussion about
innacuracies in the trace function too. I suppose if these are calculated
using general iterative intersection formulae rather than mathematically
perfect equations, there is a small accuracy loss, but the renderings rarely
show up these accuracy errors, except in the case of two or more coincident
surfaces.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'kawazx17.jpg' (12 KB)