POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : PartixGen is BACK! (256kb, MPG1) : Re: PartixGen is BACK! (256kb, MPG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PartixGen is BACK! (256kb, MPG1)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 21 Jul 2003 02:46:06
Message: <3f1b8c2e$1@news.povray.org>
> Can we use it in IMP?

Sure, why not? For me it's all about the "old issue":
credit where credit is due. :-)

Come to think about it, I see why this particle-
system might be better suited than a I/O one:
there's no dependancy on earlier frames. It has
a pretty high parsing load, but I've found that
for animations where no object-interaction is
required, the system is sufficient and especially
suited for distributed rendering...

It IS a little complicated to handle, but I plan
on creating a little Insert-Menu for it, to ease
the usage, and rename variables to more
intuitive names...

And it isn't finished yet, so that may take some
time...

But we POVers are patient, aren't we? ;-)

--
Tim Nikias v2.0