POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : tiled kaleidoscope animgif : Re: tiled kaleidoscope animgif Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:27:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tiled kaleidoscope animgif
From: Bill Hails
Date: 20 Jul 2003 15:55:20
Message: <3f1af3a7@news.povray.org>
Gergely Vandor wrote:

> http://gero.progressive.hu/anim.html
>
> The idea is stolen from Glen Berry, more info on p.b.i. in this thread:
> http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/32176/
>
> I hope Glen doesn't mind.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Gergely

And I stole the tileable animation idea from you :-)

It took me a while to get around to actually doing
something about it, but here's a first attempt:
http://thyme.homelinux.net/Wallpaper.html
It's just a variant of the thyme pic on my home page.

I know this particular one should probably be avoided
by migraine sufferers, but I think there's some mileage
in the general tileable animations idea.
I'm thinking of interlocking clockworks, parquet
deformations (animated Escher), Penelope's shroud ...
--
Bill Hails