POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chess, chess, chess : Re: Chess, chess, chess Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:39:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chess, chess, chess
From: SeeSchloss
Date: 19 Jul 2003 14:04:57
Message: <3f198849@news.povray.org>
> I meant to remove some parts of the King without breaking it entirely, so
> that
> the Queen had a lower surface to step on. If you can see my ASCII diagram,
>
> Original:
> ----\
>      \------------\
>                    \
>                     --+
>                    /
>      /------------/
> ----/
> Modified (broken, chipped... ):
>
> ----\
>      \--\     /---\
>          \___/     \
>                     --+
>                    /
>      /------------/
> ----/
>
> Okay, that's a terrible diagram, but if you remove a piece like that, the
> Queen could 'step' on the lower spot, and then be 'standing' on the King
> with one edge, without looking utterly silly. (Obviously, if you put only
> one edge of the Queen's base on the king with a fully intact King, she'd
be
> at a very large angle!)
>
> Hope that helps...

OK, now I see what you meant (at least I hope ;-), but if I really
understood, the "hole" will either be apparent (in this case, won't the King
seem a bit strange ?) or not (obviously ;-) and in this case this
modification might be useless, since I could simply put the base of the
Queen partly into the body of the King (but we wouldn't see her standing on
him, indeed).

Thank you for your patience :-P

SeeSchloss - GPU.sf.net / Nye.free.fr