POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Import 3ds -> mesh question : Re: Import 3ds -> mesh question Server Time
26 Jun 2024 04:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Import 3ds -> mesh question
From: Gadman
Date: 19 Jul 2003 06:30:56
Message: <3f191de0@news.povray.org>

3f17fbfb$1@news.povray.org...
> All,
>
> What's the trick to importing a 3ds model (say with 3dwin) and then being
> able to convert the udo to a mesh, again? I'd read it somewhere in this
> group, but can't find it anywhere. All my imports leave the convert to
mesh
> button greyed out. (I'm using 3.5RC2.)
>
> Also, are there any advantages (ie better quality models) when using obj
or
> any other format over 3ds format? Thots?
>
> -Kman

Hi,
Plugin for Moray that provides import of a few standard mesh formats,
noteably: Wavefront obj, 3DStudio. No problem for convert to mesh
http://members.tripod.com/xan-der/bin/MeshObj.zip

@+
Gadman
http://poissonrouge.fr.st
The Bubulle Red
Le site sur les Poissons Rouges: Forum, Chat, Humour...
http://terraquamonstres.free.fr/

sur les poissons
http://moray.free.fr
Moray The French Site (M.T.F.S.)