POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Modified Fruit : Re: Modified Fruit Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:34:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modified Fruit
Date: 18 Jul 2003 10:35:47
Message: <3f1805c3@news.povray.org>
--------------( oo )--------------

Hi Andrew,

I was working on Cellular Automatas in PovRAY and I made simulations with a
color code. At the end, it looks like a mutant straberry. I used blobs for
the animation. When the cell are older, they turn blue and looks like being
rotten. It's evolving and changing. See if could get the anim that I posted
on povray.binaries.animations (Cellular Automata). Maybe could make evolve
your fruit in that way. It looks mutant organic.

--------------( oo )--------------

> I normally don't post my WIPs, but I've seen other people get such great
comments and ideas that I though I'd give it a try.  I'm
> very happy with the shape and texture of the odd fruit, but I'm stumped
for what I should do with the background.  I know the stem
> and leaves are poor, but they are merely place holders for now.
>
> I have one constraint though.  Whatever I do, needs to take minimal time.
I have very little time to raytrace.  So I'm constantly
> trying to find max visual appeal for very little time invested.
>
> I was thinking about turning this into an ad for genetically modified food
of the future, and have a hand and face holding and
> displaying the fruit.  I don't know.  Someone has to have some ideas about
where this fruit goes.

> Andrew Wilcox

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'GooPov21b-SIMULATION-10xRAD020.jpg' (25 KB) Download 'GooPov21b-SIMULATION-10xRAD004.jpg' (28 KB) Download 'GooPov21b-SIMULATION-10xRAD006.jpg' (38 KB)

Preview of image 'GooPov21b-SIMULATION-10xRAD020.jpg'
GooPov21b-SIMULATION-10xRAD020.jpg

Preview of image 'GooPov21b-SIMULATION-10xRAD004.jpg'
GooPov21b-SIMULATION-10xRAD004.jpg

Preview of image 'GooPov21b-SIMULATION-10xRAD006.jpg'
GooPov21b-SIMULATION-10xRAD006.jpg