POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chess, chess, chess : Re: Chess, chess, chess Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:39:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chess, chess, chess
From: SeeSchloss
Date: 18 Jul 2003 06:00:06
Message: <3f17c526@news.povray.org>
> That's better! ;)
> It gets the idea of standing on the fallen across okay, if not quite
exactly
> in the way you may have wanted...
> You might try removing part of the King to give you more flexibility with
> positioning the Queen. Tek has done a thing where he creates two prisms
with
> interlocking faces (same set of points for the 'important' edge but with
the
> interior of the prism in opposite directions), and then you can divide an
object
> in two parts with intersection { object { Prism1 } object { King } } and
> intersection { object { Prism2 } object { King } } ... (or more than two
parts
> if you like, of course). So. Anyway. Using that, you could take away
enough of
> the kings body to let the queen have one 'foot' (edge of her base) on the
king
> without tipping at a silly angle. 'course the shattered chess king might
be
> reminiscent of Harry Potter, but that's the risk you take playing with a
> widely used idea like chess pieces. ;)
>
> Good Luck!
>
> --Chris

I'm not sure I understood what you said... did you mean to break the King
(somewhat like on this picture) to place the Queen better, or only to remove
some parts of the King without breaking it ?
(I put the Queen behind the King because I still don't know how to place her
:-)

Btw, I have not seen Harry Potter, so I can't be accused of plagiarism ;-)

Thank you

SeeSchloss - GPU.sf.net / Nye.free.fr

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: