POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : UV Mapping : Re: UV Mapping Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:35:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: UV Mapping
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 17 Jul 2003 12:17:31
Message: <3f16cc1b@news.povray.org>

3F1### [at] mailcom...
> Got it.
> You have to use Select By:Vertex, drag selection rectangle around
> vertices you want to
> move and move it. For the object with many triangles it's very painful
> process. Also
> (at least in freeware version) there is no way to zoom in/out. That's
> why if points are
> very close to each other you cannot select the vertex you want. The only
> way to do that
> is to resize the map first in X  then in Y.

In fact that's why I bought the Pro version. There are several modes for
selecting vertices, a zoom feature and a 3D preview that can work on top of
a paint program, so that you can edit the map in the paint window of the
editing software and see the changes reflected in the 3D view of UVMapper.
In any case it's still hard and not very pleasant work, and the main
commercial uv editors are so expensive...

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com