POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Whew!! First try in video and pic! : Re: Whew!! First try in video and pic! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:38:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Whew!! First try in video and pic!
From: Florian Rustedt
Date: 16 Jul 2003 10:43:55
Message: <3f1564ab@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:

> Does it mean you can made avi within mpeg within avi within mpeg within
> avi...?
> That's not true. MPEG1 is well described file format, not container. MPEG2
> somehow kind of container (more possible codings iirc), thought not as
> flexible as AVI. AFAIK avi is indeed container and you can even put Word
> document inside probably. http://www.mpeg.org/MPEG/starting-points.html#faqs

Well, so it is anyway possible to put mpg in avi. The "mencoder" makes no
difference between saving in .mpg or .avi.

Perhaps because it is mentioned to be used with the actual codecs which are all
possible to put them in each?!

> Yes. For some persons downloading over 1MB of animation in group where images
> measured in kilobates are expected is not funny. Mentioned url will lead you
> to descriptions of groups on this news server.

hum... Thought this is the advantage of a binary-list?! Ok, was the last time i
used it like that, but after this i wonder why 2MB are allowed if the community
interest goes to several kB?!

But..... could you PLEASE give me a feedback to my post-content other than that
mentioned thing?

After all, that was the reason for this ;-)