POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Another stab at Grant Hall : Re: Another stab at Grant Hall Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:40:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another stab at Grant Hall
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 15 Jul 2003 11:40:11
Message: <3f14205b@news.povray.org>
Well, I've just tried converting it with a rather
"uncompressed" jpg (compression level 1),
and that reduced the size to 650kb, and the visible
artefacts were only slightly blurred lines on the
tables and on the edges of the tapestry in front
of the window... And isn't jpg THE format in which
to post here?

--
Tim Nikias v2.0

> Tailkinker wrote:
> >
> > After a total remake of the exteriors of this scene, and a bit of
> > additional detail on the furniture and banners, here is the New and
> > Improved Grant Hall.
> >
> > Since it bears very little resemblance to the Grant Hall in meatspace, I
> > may change the name...
> >
> > _=_
> > _=_ Part 001 of 001 of file grant1.png _=_
> >
> > begin 644 grant1.png
> > MB5!.1PT*&@H````-24A$4@``!`````,`"`(````UV():````"7!(67,```]@
> > M```/8`%Z>$6-```@`$E$051XG+R]29,=29(F9HN[^;Z\_;W8`X%`(+`E,E'9
> > M5=4U&X4C+:34A2(\4(0G_BL>>.*-5\I(#4>FFY2F#%G,JERQ!P(1B`C$\O;%
>
> If you really need to post an image of that size without converting it to
> jpeg you should at least correctly attach it so we can all see it.
>
> Christoph
>
> --
> POV-Ray tutorials, include files, Sim-POV,
> HCR-Edit and more: http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/
> Last updated 17 Jun. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

---