POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Tree 1.1 Examples : Re: POV-Tree 1.1 Examples Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:24:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Tree 1.1 Examples
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 14 Jul 2003 20:45:38
Message: <3f134eb2$1@news.povray.org>
You shouldn't put your email-adress up on display like
that, not on open newsgroups like this one. Since
Google is able to crawl open newsgroups, others might
do so too. There are crawlers out there designed to
hunt for email-adresses. I advise to do as I do on
my website: just plain-text for your email.

tim### [at] gmxde (where the why would have to
get deleted)

An email-crawler wouldn't get that last bit of information.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias v2.0

> > Thank you!
>
> Nothing. Thank you for share your fantastic work.
>
> > BTW, I sent you a couple e-mails. Is your e-mail
> > address still valid?
>
> I have seen the one you have send me today (I just
> have arrived from work a while ago and have entered
> 1st in the newsgroups). I will answer you as I finish
> this post.
> I'm getting a lot of spam sent to tji### [at] euskalnetnet
> I'm really tired about "enlarge your pe**is", or
> "hello, I'm the son of the President of...", or "sex
> webcam" and all that bullsh*t (I get 30 messages
> like those each day and really don't know what to
> do about it).
> Maybe I deleted one of your posts by error.
> Please contact me at  from
> now on.
>
> > Gena.
>
> Txemi Jendrix