POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Post! : First Post! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:30:56 EDT (-0400)
  First Post!
From: my last name at thecia dot net
Date: 13 Jul 2003 00:36:56
Message: <3f10e1e8@news.povray.org>
CmdrTaco is... err, no, never mind. ;)

Anyway, this picture is not the world's most exciting, but it has
reflective spheres and a checkered plane involved....
The chess-set was my first povray project some years ago, which I never
quite completed mostly because I kept having trouble with handedness of
rotations and screwing up the CSG for the knight (everything else got
done at that time). Since I'm working on an IRTC entry that could use a
chess set in it, I thought I'd better finish the set. I'm not sure this
set is properly 'pure' CSG using SOR objects as it does, but hey.

Now all I need is a non-infinite chessboard. ;) (and a table to put it
on, and chairs to go around the table, and... )

Besides the IRTC, of course, is that I need to post a first post before
I can post some of the other stuff I've been working on, which may have
influenced my decision to finish the chess set. So might the other
chess-sets recently posted. Anyway, for better or worse, here it is.
Feedback welcome, of course.

(Remind me to post my chess-dance mpg to animations soon too... or not. ;))

--Chris

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'chess-pieces.png' (626 KB)