POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : surrealism... off topic? : Re: surrealism... off topic? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:34:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: surrealism... off topic?
From: Tek
Date: 11 Jul 2003 23:20:11
Message: <3f0f7e6b$1@news.povray.org>
I agree. My fear is that in order to develop this image into a surreal scene it
will lose a lot of it's purity, so I've already made a copy of the source code.
It's wierd but I think in it's abstract form this image feels finished!

But, there's also potential there for it to be developed. The main intention
when I started on this a couple of days ago was to experiment with colour and
light to get this kind of feel. What happened in this image was that I also got
very nice (random) placement of the buildings, which makes this image have a
great feel that I stumbled on more by luck than judgement. So if I create a
surreal scene based on this it is likely that the main thing I'll keep is the
colouring and lighting, and the rest will be different. But I have to keep this
version of the scene, it works very well :)

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...