POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : surrealism... off topic? : Re: surrealism... off topic? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:37:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: surrealism... off topic?
From: Doug Eichenberg
Date: 11 Jul 2003 22:47:40
Message: <3f0f76cc$1@news.povray.org>
Looks nice, but I'd say it's missing something that makes it qualify as
"surreal"...   Not sure what that something is, but part of the definition
given by Breton was:

"Surrealism is based on the belief in the superior reality of certain forms
of previously neglected associations..."

So I guess it needs something that you wouldn't normally expect to see in a
city.  I still remember a series of photos taken of a tornado in Miami,
Florida... that would qualify in my opinion :P

--
Douglas C. Eichenberg
dou### [at] nlsnet