POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Surrealism ideas... : RE: Surrealism ideas... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  RE: Surrealism ideas...
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 10 Jul 2003 15:45:08
Message: <3f0dc244$1@news.povray.org>

3f0cde70$1@news.povray.org...
> I've always liked The Hallucinogenic Toreador.  That first one you linked
> is nice too, be interesting to attempt something like that with POV.

I also like a lot the Hallucinogenic Toreador, and many
others (I'm a big fan of Dali).
Do you know that the Hallucinogenic Toreador is a
picture built with 12 subpictures (?) with a size of 1 square
meter and that each one of those 12 pictures have their
own meaning?.
You only have to divide the picture in 3 in width and in
4 in height and enjoy.

> That first one you linked  is nice too, be interesting to
> attempt something like that with POV.

The first one I linked is entittled in the website as
"Dali at the age of 6"
The actual tittle is:
"Dali at the age of 6, when he believed to be a girl,
lifting the sea skin with a lot of care to observe a dog
sleeping below the shadow of the water" (or something
like that, I'm not very good with English)
It's not a very popular picture, but the idea is as great as
the one of the soft clocks (IMHO).

Actually the same idea has been made with POV (and
what a great image!)
http://oz.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/1999-02-28/dalis.jpg

> --
> Douglas C. Eichenberg