POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP : Re: WIP Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:40:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP
From: Doug Eichenberg
Date: 9 Jul 2003 17:49:09
Message: <3f0c8dd5$1@news.povray.org>
Not sure yet, this was kind of thrown together... the code was a mess.  I'm
rewriting it now and cleaning it up.  What I'm aiming to do is to imitate
the way Maya does fur:

(http://caad.arch.ethz.ch/info/maya/manual/MayaFur/UserGuide/2CreatingFur.fm
.html)

In particular, I want to have all those options available.
Right now, I am rewriting the triangle generating portion to create
cylindrical segments, so it won't be flat like these tests show, but it will
still be able to use triangle texture interpolation.  I'll post more pics as
it develops.

Douglas C. Eichenberg
dou### [at] nlsnet
http://www.getinfo.net/douge